The MT-24EX is a twin-flash set-up (similar to a ringflash) for the EOS system that has every feature and capability imaginable. Employing Canon’s E-TTL, it takes full advantage of the flash performance of the EOS-1V, EOS-3, and other E-TTL supported cameras by allowing for shutter speeds above the normal sync range. Twin flashes fire at even power, or can be varied over an eight-stop range for dramatic directional lighting that emphasizes the relief of the subject. One or more 580EX, 550EX, 430 EX, or 420EX Speedlites can be used as wireless slaves along with the MT-24EX. The controller unit has an illuminated, informative LCD panel. Accepts optional hi-capacity battery packs. Some of the features include:
- Attaches to all Canon EF macro lenses.
- Twin flash heads can be rotated over 80° angle around lens in 5 degree increments.
- Heads can be swiveled or bounced and can be removed from mounting ring for added control.
- Powerful Guide Number of 78 (feet, @ ISO 100), full E-TTL control and E-TTL features including FEL, Hi-speed sync, and FEB.
- Full E-TTL automatic flash control with compatible EOS bodies, including EOS-1D, D60, and D30 digital SLRs.
- Incandescent focusing lamps, and two different types of 1-second modeling flash allow easy focusing and previewing of lighting effects.