I was actually trying to photograph this Jimsonweed flower detail when I captured the photograph of the Jimsonweed Pollinator that I wrote about last month. The bees kept landing on the stamens and disturbing the scene so I had to wait until they were gone and the stamens stopped moving before I could capture all the images necessary to process my focus stack.
This image was taken with my Sony A7R II Digital Camera using my Sony 90mm f/2.8 Macro Lens. The camera was set on Aperture Priority mode with the aperture set at f/8, shutter speed at 1/40th of a second and the ISO set at 400. I used only natural light to light the subject. I captured 15 images and brought them together into a single image using Photoshop and the focus stacking technique. I finalized the image Lightroom and Nik Color Efex Pro.
You can access the profile for this plant by clicking here. Please use the section below to post your comments, questions or suggestions.
PS: Please don’t respond to this message as it will not reach me. Either post a comment or forward your response to my email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).